Pages

7/5/13

Favorite Pins Friday

Happy Friday! One thing about summer blogging that I am loving is all the fun linky parties that are happening!  I am linking up with Cara from The First Grade Parade tonight to share some of my favorite Pinterest Pins! Sometimes I wonder where anyone ever got ideas before Pinterest! I have many boards and will share a few of my favorite pins from some of my favorite boards!




Classroom Pins:
One thing that hasn't worked for me the way I've wanted is how I handle classroom jobs. I am excited to do something similar to this idea that was posted by T is for Teaching


Since I began teaching two years ago, my school jumped on the Daily Five train and have loved the independence our students demonstrate throughout the year. This year I am going to give the Daily Five Math a try! Dots and Spots has a great post about how she handles Math Workshop in her classroom. 


My word wall is also in much need of an update. I am so excited to try to idea from the wonderful Ashleigh at Ashleigh's Education Journey


If anyone has suggestions on where to find adorable ribbon like this please let me know! I've searched Hobby Lobby AND Michael's and was not impressed by their selection. Don't get me wrong. I am a HUGE fan of both stores but when looking for a variety of different kinds I didn't see more than two I loved. 

House Pins:
Almost a month ago my boyfriend and I bought our first house together! We were very fortunate to find a newer home that needed little to no updates. However, we have been looking to add our own little touches to make it feel more like us!

I love how this refrigerator door looks! Not too cluttered! I also love how they tied in colors to fit the overall look of the kitchen! 

Each week we sit down and plan out a menu. We write it on scrap paper and attach it to the fridge. This idea would definitely make our weekly menus have a whole new look to them! With a frame, some scrapbook paper and some letters this would be a simple craft! 

Wedding (Someday) Pins:
Although there is no ring yet, a wedding will be in my future someday and what better place to start planning than Pinterest. This has to be one of my biggest boards when it comes to collecting ideas. 

This organization makes every teacher happy! I feel like with all the stresses that come from planning a wedding this is one thing I could do to ensure that the set up goes smoothly! 

This pin came from marthastewartweddings.com but is now showing up as page not found!

I loved this idea for decorating the bathroom and adding a little color! I loved it so much as I was looking through my board I noticed I posted it twice!

That's all I have for tonight! I will be back next week with some more of my favorite finds! The boyfriend is at a Brewer's game tonight with some friends so it's just me and the pup! Hope ya'll have a great weekend! 


9 comments:

  1. Try Hobby Lobby for the ribbon. It's almost always on sale for 50% off. If it isn't when you want to go, wait because it will be soon. If you don't have a Hobby Lobby near you, try Michaels. We have a lot of the same pins.

    Terri
    The Creative Apple

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna!
    Did you try Michael's or JoAnn Fabric? They might have the ribbon!
    I just loved your pinning finds this week!
    I am doing the same idea for the word wall... Just hoping I have enough length in my wall space to do it!
    So happy that I found you through the linky. Happy to be a new follower!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna,
    Don't forget to look in the scrapbook section of all the craft stores. There's usually quite a variety that is different from the ribbon sections.
    Jill
    a-little-red-wagon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am LOVING that job chart!! It would be really helpful for keeping kids accountable.. they would never "not know" what they were supposed to be doing! Great pins!

    Ashley
    That's So Second Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been doing so much clicking this afternoon, that I honestly can't remember how I found your blog, haha! But it's adorable! You've got some great ideas, and I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that refrigerator idea! I HATE our cluttered refrigerator!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenna!! I've been reading your blog for awhile now, but have never commented! I just love your blog and have found some really great ideas here. I also love that you post tons of pictures--so helpful! I wanted to let you know that I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award. Technically, it's for "new" bloggers with less than 200 followers. I'm not sure if you've been nominated before, but I just wanted you to know that I love your blog and enjoy reading!! :)

    I posted about the award {here}.

    Enjoy your weekend, Jenna!
    Erin
    Little Miss Primary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenna!
    I just found your blog and am your newest follower! I love the jobs idea with the clothespins. I am going to try that one!
    I'd love you to stop over to my blog if you get a chance!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete