Pages

8/12/13

Teacher Week '13- Let's Talk about Me!

It's Teacher Week and I couldn't be more excited to be joining this year!

Today is a day to share all about yourself and I have some fun things to share with you today and can't wait to read all about some of my favorite bloggers as well as reading about some new blogger friends today!
I wanna talk about me
Wanna talk about I
Wanna talk about number one
Oh my me my
What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see
I like talking about you you you you, usually, but occasionally
I wanna talk about meeeeee
(Anyone know what I'm talking about?)

Alright to get started I have ten things I'd like to share with you today! 

1. I am a born and raised Wisconsin girl. Many people joke that we only have two seasons. Winter and Road Construction..and that's no lie! However, we do get to experience all four seasons and I truly enjoy living in a state where the seasons change! I am a huge Wisconsin sports fan and enjoy watching the Packers, Badgers and Brewers! It's not lie that we get A LOT of snow!

2. I am an only child and while there are pros and cons to it, I am often told I don't seem like an only child. Which I take as a good thing! I was able to experience many different things growing up that I might not have been able to do if I had brothers or sisters. I love the ecard below because when I ask my parents why they only had one child, that is exactly their answer!
 3. I am a HUGE fan of Disney World. As a child my family went every year for about 10 years straight. We also went a little before Christmas time and it was so pretty! I haven't been there for awhile but am already planning my next trip! I wish I had some pictures of myself at Disney World but they are all at my parents house.
4.  I had some amazing teachers throughout my years of being in elementary, middle, high school and college! One of my favorites and the reason I am the teacher I am today is because of my second grade teacher. I still talk to and e-mail her for ideas and suggestions! I hope to someday be the influence to one of my students that she was to me! I attended Lincoln Elementary School and we were the Lincoln Lightning! 
 5. In high school my gym teacher encouraged me to go out for cross country. During gym class free time when my friends and other classmates would be sitting around chatting and then pretending to play volleyball when the teacher came around, I was spending my time running on the treadmill. When it came time to run the dreaded mile, I was excited and always one of the firsts to be finished! I decided to do it and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made! I had a phenomenal coach and made some of the best friends I could ever have! I also chose to run track with some hesitations. Our 3200 meter relay team made it to state my senior year and we had a lot of fun!
(I am the one  in the middle with jean capris on. I must not have gotten the memo about wearing shorts that day. As well as the one in the middle front row with a black shirt on because I forgot my jersey top that day!)

6. I was a synchronized skater! This is one of my proudest accomplishments. Starting at the age of 3 of parents got me interested in figure skating and I didn't know how much fun it would be! I joined synchronized skating (which is team skating, kind of like synchronized swimming) and during high school joined a team about 30 miles from my house to compete at a higher level. We never imagined some of the things we got to do. We competed at Nationals and placed in the top six, earning us the experience to travel internationally and become part of Team USA. The years I was part of the team we competed in London, England and Milan, Italy. Dreams really do come true!

 7. After I graduated high school I attended one of our state schools, University of Wisconsin- La Crosse. This school was about three hours from my parents house and I never thought twice that it would cause me to miss them more than usual! After a year, I realized I wanted to be somewhere closer to home and looked into schools with great education programs. Starting my sophomore year I attended UW-Whiteweater and met some of my best friends! 
8. Speaking of them, our junior year of college we decided to get a house together. I had nine roommates and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Our house had an upstairs and and downstairs and there were five bedrooms upstairs and five bedrooms downstairs. It was technically a duplex so each part of the house had two bathrooms, a living area and a kitchen.
9. After graduating, we promised each other that we would make sure to get together as a group at least once a year. Most years we have spent a girls weekend in Wisconsin Dells. However, the first year we took a trip to Destin, Florida! We were there for 10 days and it was soo relaxing! I am envious of those of you that get to experience this daily!!
10. And last but not least are the two loves of my life, my amazing boyfriend of two and a half years and my teddy bear puppy, Murphy! They are pretty self explanatory! Cute and handsome :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to meet me and now that I'm finished I can't wait to go read more about you! Happy Teacher Week!



5 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! You are one athletic girl!!!! Loved reading about you! thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how we have a Disney connection! Well, kinda :)

    Mandi Moore
    MOORE Fun In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I can't believe you were on team USA!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog through the Teacher Week link-up! I am from Wisconsin as well, although I moved here from Michigan.

    You are so right about the seasons! :)

    - Katy

    First Grade Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog through Instagram, newest follower!
    Erin
    http://adventuresinthirdgrade-brown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete